Diana L. Beckman
Phone Number: 816.701.1151
4740 Grand Avenue Suite 300
Kansas City, MO 64112
Recognized as a Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer Rising Star by Thomson Reuters for the past six years
Defended medical malpractice claims against hospitals, physicians, and licensed providers in state and federal court
Provided risk and case management support to hospitals and healthcare clients
Diana joined Wagstaff & Cartmell as counsel in 2014 after spending nine years at an Am-Law 100 firm.
She has broad experience handling professional negligence and commercial litigation claims and representing healthcare providers in a variety of legal matters. She has handled every step of litigation from start to finish including: Risk management planning, factual and expert discovery, pre-trial motion practice, trial and appellate work.
Diana is a Kansas City native and is active in the community. She volunteers her time to Charlie’s House, the Junior League of Kansas City, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and Harvesters.
• Represent physicians in licensing matters and disciplinary proceedings before State Boards of Healing Arts;
• Take and defend fact and expert witness depositions;
• Win motions to dismiss for healthcare clients;
• Coordinate factual and expert discovery;
• Provide education training seminars to case management and physician staff;
• Develop compliance policies for healthcare clients;
• Handle internal risk management investigations for hospitals and healthcare clinics;
• Represent hospitals seeking the appointment of guardian/conservator for patients that lack capacity to make healthcare decisions.
Shughart, Thompson & Kilroy/Polsinelli, PC, 2005 - 2014, medical malpractice, healthcare litigation, business litigation, torts, complex commercial litigation
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 2005
- Kansas Law Review
- Recipient of CALI Award for academic excellence
- ABA BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law
- B.A., Miami University, 2002
- Magna cum laude
Honors + Awards
Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer, Rising Star, Thomas Reuters – 2013-19
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in Health Care Law, 2017-19