We are proud to be on the front lines of most of the country’s largest mass tort drug and device cases, representing thousands of clients across the United States and helping them find justice. Wagstaff & Cartmell is nationally known and respected as one of the leading firms in the United States for representing individuals injured by dangerous drugs and medical devices.
For this reason, Wagstaff & Cartmell is a destination of choice for many referring lawyers around the nation. Our results in this area, totaling in the billions of dollars, are substantial, indicating the legal acumen and effectiveness we bring to our cases and our clients.
LEADING THE WAY WITH RESULTS
Wagstaff & Cartmell lawyers are often named to the plaintiffs’ leadership teams of the country’s largest drug and device cases. These leadership roles, often in multi-district litigation (“MDL”) arise from our past successes, extensive experience, and excellent reputation of our lawyers in this mass tort and product liability cases.
Some appointments have included:
- Plaintiff’s Executive Committee, Co-Lead Counsel, In re Ethicon Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2327 (S.D. WV)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, Co-Lead Trial Counsel, In re Avandia, MDL No. 1871 (E.D. Pa.)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In re Zoloft, MDL No. 2342 (E.D. Pa.)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In re Depuy Pinnacle Hip Implants, MDL No. 2244 (N.D. Tex.)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, Co-Lead Trial Counsel, In re Bextra and Celebrex, MDL 1699 (N.D. Cal.)
- Expert Committee Leader and Bellwether Trial Committee Leader, In re Ethicon Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2327 (S.D. WV)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, Trial Counsel, In re Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch, MDL No. 1842 (D.R.I.).
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In Re: Infusion Pump Cases, JCCP No. 4615
- Science Committee, In re Yasmin, MDL No. 2100
- Science and Experts Committee and in charge of Secondary Science Document Review In re Benicar (Olmesartan) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2606 (D. NJ)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee In re Cook Medical, Inc., IVC Filters Marketing, Sales and Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2570 (S.D. Ind.)
Wagstaff & Cartmell is actively pursuing cases regarding the following pharmaceuticals and medical devices:
- Transvaginal Mesh – Used by women, this device has been shown to lead to numerous vaginal, urinary, and GI complications. Learn more about transvaginal mesh lawsuits. Current clients may login here for information on active cases.
- DePuy Hip Implants – These metal-on-metal implants can cause pieces of metal to fray in the body leading to tissue death, metalosis, pain, and difficulty walking and standing. For more about DePuy Hip Recall Information.
- Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Prozac, Paxil, Topamax and Depakote – Children born with heart birth defects, lung birth defects, and other congenital birth defects have been linked to these drugs when taken by women during pregnancy. Read more about Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Prozac, Paxil, Topamax and Depakote lawsuits. Current clients may login for information on active cases: Zoloft clients login
- NexGen Knee Replacements – These devices have been associated with loosening and failure leading to pain and difficulty walking and standing.
- Actos – This diabetes drug has been associated with bladder cancer.
- Yasmin/Yaz – This birth control pill has been linked with blood clots, including pulmonary embolism, stroke and DVT.
- Shoulder Pain Pumps – These devices are often placed in patients after any type of routine shoulder surgery, but they can lead to chondrolysis (arthritis of the shoulder).
- Accutane – Used to treat acne, this drug has been shown to increase the risk of inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Reglan – Commonly used for gastric reflux, this drug is associated with neurologic disorders causing involuntary muscle movements of the body.
- Byetta – This diabetes drug has been linked with pancreatitis and thyroid and pancreatic cancer.