We are proud to be on the front lines of not only many Kansas City Cases but most of the country’s largest mass tort drug and device cases. We represent thousands of personal injury clients across the United States and help them find the justice they deserve after using these dangerous products. Wagstaff & Cartmell is nationally known and respected as one of the leading firms in the United States for representing individuals injured by defective products, medical devices, and prescription drugs.
For this reason, Wagstaff & Cartmell is a destination of choice for many referring law firms around the nation who have provided many testimonials that clarify how our personal injury attorneys provide lasting consumer product case results and hold product manufacturers of unsafe products accountable for their negligence. Our results in this area, totaling in the billions of dollars, are substantial, indicating the legal acumen and effectiveness we bring to our clients’ product liability claims.
As renowned product liability lawyers, we’ll help you or your loved one fully identify the manufacturing defects, design defects, marketing defects, any breach of warranty, and any other product defects that lead to your subsequent damages.
When you contact us for a free consultation, we’ll be able to put you in touch with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers who can give you a full case evaluation. We’ll go over side effects you may be feeling, medical bills that may have resulted, and any overall serious injuries so that we can help you or your loved one put together a successful product liability claim.
Product Liability Lawsuits And Defective Product Claims
Product liability cases are different from the cases that many personal injury attorneys might take. In these special cases, it has to be proven that there was something fundamentally wrong with the product that caused your injuries. You can’t just make a claim because something hurt you. The drug or product that injured you must have a defective design or manufacturing defect that makes it unsafe.
You’ll need an experienced attorney on your side that understands how to investigate these special cases and put together the proof that is needed for a successful outcome. The process of proving liability in defective product cases is not the same as proving it in average personal injury cases.
Kansas City Product Liability Lawyers
As most of our clients know, Kansas City is in the only city in the country that exists in two states at the same time, Missouri and Kansas. This situation creates differences in how some things will work depending on where you reside, where you were injured, where you are making your claim, and where any local company you are making a claim against might be located.
Not only do we have experience in dealing with the differences between these two states, but we’re also extremely familiar with product liability lawsuits on a national level
Leading the Way With Results
Wagstaff & Cartmell lawyers are often named to the plaintiffs’ leadership teams of the country’s largest drug and device cases. These leadership roles, often in multi-district litigation (“MDL”) arise from our past successes, extensive experience, and the excellent reputation of our lawyers in mass tort and product liability cases.
Some of these leadership appointments have included:
- Plaintiff’s Executive Committee, Co-Lead Counsel, In re Ethicon Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2327 (S.D. WV)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, Co-Lead Trial Counsel, In re Avandia, MDL No. 1871 (E.D. Pa.)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In re Zoloft, MDL No. 2342 (E.D. Pa.)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In re Depuy Pinnacle Hip Implants, MDL No. 2244 (N.D. Tex.)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, Co-Lead Trial Counsel, In re Bextra and Celebrex, MDL 1699 (N.D. Cal.)
- Expert Committee Leader and Bellwether Trial Committee Leader, In re Ethicon Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2327 (S.D. WV)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, Trial Counsel, In re Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch, MDL No. 1842 (D.R.I.).
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee, In Re: Infusion Pump Cases, JCCP No. 4615
- Science Committee, In re Yasmin, MDL No. 2100
- Science and Experts Committee and in charge of Secondary Science Document Review In re Benicar (Olmesartan) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2606 (D. NJ)
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee In re Cook Medical, Inc., IVC Filters Marketing, Sales and Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2570 (S.D. Ind.)
Speak With A Kansas City Product Liability Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, medical device, or dangerous drug, please contact Wagstaff & Cartmell as soon as possible. The earlier we get to work and the more time we have to work on your case, the better the chances for successful results.
Your first consultation is free and confidential. You can reach us anytime online or call us at (816) 701-1100 to schedule an appointment. We’ll be happy to go over the details of your case and discuss exactly what we can do to help you.